Sunday 19 April 2009

Read-a-thon update - hour 14 - Mid-Event Survey


Pages read since last update: 110
Total Pages read: 212
Books finished: 1
Mini-challenges: 2 (Debbies) + Mid-event survey.
Mini-challenges total: 4
food and drinks consumed: A cup of coffee.
Number of times I filled my hot water bottle since the start: still 3, I'm warm now.

Time for the Mid-Event Survey!

1. What are you reading right now?
I've just finished Embroideries. It was effing brilliant!!!I was in stitches at almost every page. Now I want to dig up anything Marjane Satrapi has done (beside Persepolis, which I've loved too).
Still pondering on what should I read next.

2. How many books have you read so far?

Finished 1, in the midst of another.

3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?

Anything!I'm already very happy I'm still alive and kicking.

4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day?

Yes. I asked for the weekend off at work :D

5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?

LOTS. But they were all voluntary breaks so all my doings.

6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?

How time flies when I'm enjoying myself. I know, old news.

7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?

No, it's great!

8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year?

Try to clear my head before starting. At first my thoughts were drifting away to other things too much.

Also I'd love to host a mini-challenge!

9. Are you getting tired yet?

A wee bit. Coffee is making me kind of hyper.

10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered?

Not really. I'm the one who needs tips :P

Oh wait, I forgot I haven't taken my Eye Burrito out of the freezer yet!! It might come in handy.

6 comments:

chrisa511 said...

Great answers Valentina :) I need to read some Satrapi!! I just took a nap so I'm much better now :p

Debi said...

I gotta admit that most of my interruptions are of my own doing, too. :) But I think they help us keep going, don't you? At least that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!

Kim L said...

Interruptions keep a person from going cross-eyed when reading so much. I welcome them!

Looks like things are going well, best of luck with the rest of your reading!

Kailana said...

I can't sit and read straight through, so I totally understand needing interruptions! Keep up the great reading!

Nise' said...

Great job on reading.

Jill said...

I had to laugh when I read that Embroideries had you "in stitches" - get it? :-D