Pages read since last update: 24 + 108+ 14= 146
Total Pages read: 612
Books finished: 2 + 2 halves (which should make a whole one but, er, no)
Mini-challenges total: 4
food and drinks consumed: more grapes and tucs.
Number of times I filled my hot water bottle since the start: still 5.
Random thoughts: I'll leave it for the final meme. The only thing I want to add is that I've realise just now that I've been counting the pages all wrong so I have to back and edit the posts!! jayzes...
1. Which hour was most daunting for you?
I don't know, it kind of flew by and I never thought I couldn't stay awake anymore. But I suppose hours 19-20, when I had my second cup of coffee, were the hardest.
2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
Loser by Jenny Spinelli. Such a charming book!
Also: Graphic novels, graphic novels, graphic novels. You'll feel you are cheating a bit, but it'll boost your page-count enormously!
3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
I loved it just the way it was.
4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?
The feed blog was a great addition. And everything was so very well organized!
5. How many books did you read?
I finished 2 books, Loser by Jerry Spinelli and Embroideries by Marjane Satrapi. I read about 160 pages of The Poison Throne which I'm eager to finish (it's 468 pages long, but I had already started it before, so now I'm halfway throught it). The last hour I've read half of Laika by Nick Abadziz. Also I've read one short story by Charles de Lint "Big City Littles) and in the morning at the beginning, I finished the last 10 pages or so of Safe Area Goradze by Joe Sacco.
6. What were the names of the books you read?
7. Which book did you enjoy most?
I loved everything I've read, especially the two I've finished!
8. Which did you enjoy least?
9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?
me no cheerleader.
10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
If I can, I'll do it again and again and again...Next time I'd like to be a reader, but also host a mini-challenge.
Special mention: I've won one prize at Bart's for guessing the covers. Yuppi! Also I think I might have been assigned a book at Debbie's but I'm not sure now.
And that's it. I got to Mabon now.