Saturday 30 June 2007

"Something about me" challenge

This is my first challenge ever! ( Something about me challenge).I thought it was a really cool idea and I joined immediately. I haven't figured out yet how to post my list, so in the meantime I'll post it here. These are not my all time favourite books. Some of them are, but I chose them because they really say something about the way I am:

- The Neverending story by Michael Ende

Because I believe in the power of dreams and imagination.

- The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde

Because I love Jane Eyre, I love fantasy/science fiction, I would love to be able to step into books and meet the characters. And I'd love to have a dodo.

- Fairies, real encounters with Little People by Janet Bord

Because I believe in fairies.

- A Room of one's own by Virginia Woolf

For my feminist side.

The tiger in the well by Philip Pullman

For my political and adventurous side.

8 comments:

The Odd Duck, said...

Hi,

I came to your blog via the 'Something about Me' reading challenge. I love the Eyre Affair (and the three books that follow)and am considering the possibility of dodo adoption :) The Room of One's Own's also important to me.

also - can I link your blog to mine?

valentina said...

of course!
Actually it's funny cause I found out about the challege through your blog! I already linked your blog to mine :)
I like Breakfast at Tiffany's as well! the book and the film...

mr.nobody said...

hello

you read so many books do you ever feel absent from your own existence they say at the moment of your death your life will pass before you, when you die the books you have read will pass befor you, time to get a real life, drop me a text 0860779390, thanks for the link yo the library think

Stephanie said...

Is it bad that I want to read EVERY book your choose?? I should probably find at least 1 other book to add. Finding a list to read from the Something About Me Challenge is going to be REALLY tough!

Thanks again for visiting my blog. You are added to my blogroll!

1morechapter said...

I read Eyre Affair recently and definitely plan reading more about Thursday Next.

valentina said...

@Stephanie: No, it's good! :P


@3m: Ive just bought Lost in a good book,I think it's next in my reading list!

raidergirl3 said...

hi
I followed you here from the Something About Me Challenge, which is so much fun, yes?
Does Camilleri write more books than the Inspector Montalbano series? that are translated? I found that series last summer and read Voice of the Violin while in Italy on a cruise. I really liked his book,and am now trying to read the rest of them.
I'm hoping to read Jane Eyre for this challenge before I try The Eyre Affair.

valentina said...

hi raidergirl3!thanks for your comment.
As far as I know only the Montalbano series have been translated (not even all of them cause Camilleri writes at a fierce rate!) and these are also the only ones I've read. I intend to try something different by him though, shoud be as good,or even better as someone says. I always say that with Camilleri the best is lost in translation, because he writes in this language which is a mix of italian and sicilian and it makes me laugh all the time. But I know people who enjoyed his books in english as well, and you're one of them:) The voice of the violin is my favourite so far.
Yes, do read Jane Eyre. It's wonderful.