Monday 25 May 2009

"Varmints" - The Movie

Last year (when I was still reviewing picture books regularly on Mondays!), I sang the praises of Varmints by Helen Ward and Marc Craste. If you missed it but love strange but awe-inspiring works of art made into kids stories, read it.
I said it looked like an animation put into paper. So, it was only a matter of time till Varmints was going to be made into a film. I thought it would look great, but this little trailer exceeded all my high expectations. I'd love to watch the whole movie!



Thanks to the Literary Resources blog for bringing this to my attention!

5 comments:

Vasilly said...

The preview looks so good. The book has been on my wish list for awhile now.I'm going to check out your review.

ginger@bearbits said...

Hi Valentina, I enjoyed this book too and found out about the movie. Then I saw the clip and found out you can see the whole movie, about 20 minutes through a download. I wrote about it on my blog. You can see the details here: http://bearbits.blogspot.com/2009/04/what-200-will-buy-you.html

Just thought you'd like to know. I appreciate your reviews!

Mandy said...

OMG! I just viewed this book today!
Anyway, hi Valentina! Nice to know that there are someone out there reading the same book as me! The page attracted the most was the page when he moved his most important thing to a safer place! So touching! haha!
I saw that trailer in youtube as well...but do you know whether there is actually a movie? So want to watch it!
I hope you enjoy the book as well! Nice meeting you and this is my blog http://auroramandy.blogspot.com

celine said...

Stunning! what a great way to celebrate finally getting broadband! Can't wait to see the entire thing!

valentina said...

Vasilly, I hope you get it! it's so beautiful:)

Ginger, that's really cool! But I'm afraid with my connection speed, it would take days and days:P

Aurora, it still actually! it's a short movie which can be downloaded, read Ginger's comment;)

Celine, let me know when you download it, if it lives up to the expectations!

Oh Thank you Teena! are you gonna enter the giveaway?:D