Monday 12 May 2008

Weekly Geeks #2 wrap up!



I'm late again, I don't think I'll never be able to post my weekly geek on time...
I've really enjoyed this experiment and I'm gonna keep it for the future, too. I think it's a simple and fun way of connecting us all, and give us the opportunity to read more points of view. I do sometimes choose to read a book just because of one review, but more it's always better. The first few days I've gone through some blogs and looked for common reviews, but as much fun as it is, this links-crossing takes a lot of time, so I won't do it that much in the future.
I've also come across Maw's great idea of a Blog reviews' database! It sounds like a lot of work, but I do hope that it will become a starting point for anybody looking for non-professional reviews of a particular book or author. Whenever I will feel like I'll go there and search for common reviews or just look for some possible good reads.

I won't participate this week though. I don't feel the need to go and revisit my childhood's reads because I feel like I do that every day in work. Looking after the kids sections and giving recommendations, I usually choose the books I enjoyed as a child. I also read way too many YA and children's books so, let's face it, I've never left childhood...Or maybe I have for a while,but now I'm back there, and I don't have much intention of leaving it again:)

3 comments:

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one who is late and not participating this week. I did adopt WG #2, but forgot about my follow up. Oh well! I'm too busy trying to dwindle down my google reader posts.

Alessandra said...

Hi! My name's Alessandra and I found your blog through the What's in a name? challenge links. I thought that with such a name, you couldn't but be Italian!

Well, I'm Italian too, but still living in Italy (at least for now).

You have a nice blog! I'll be coming back to read your reviews!

valentina said...

trish, I almost forgot too! what a a demanding blog life we have! lol :P

alessandra, grazie Italians writing in English about books!