Oh yeah, another challenge! But to be honest I haven't joined too many and I was actually looking forward to something like this, to give me an excuse to read all those classics that are calling me from the shelves of bookshops and libraries (yes, because I don't already own them, but they are urging me to read them so badly) so here we are. Thanks to Trish we now have a Classics Challenge!
The rules are as follow:
* OPTION 1: Read FIVE classics.
* OPTION 2: Read FIVE classics from at least THREE different countries
* OPTION 3: Read FIVE classics with any combination of at least THREE different countries and TWO different genres (see above for genres).
* Cross-posting with other challenges is allowed (and encouraged!); Audiobooks are fine; books must be finished after July 1st to count for the challenge although re-reads are acceptable.
* Lists don't have to be set in stone; you can change your selections at any time.
* Have Fun. Oh ya...there will be a drawing for a prize or two. To be entered you must complete any one of the above options. You do NOT need a blog to participate.
I will be opting for the first choice. Read 5 classics, full stop.I already have a list with more than 5 titles, but as usual I'll write them down and then choose when the challenge actually starts in July...Plenty of time! Actually too much time, I wanna read them now! But I suppose they will make perfect summer reads so the wait will be worth it.
What I want to read:
- The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett
- The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum
- The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
The Handmaid's Tail by Margaret Atwood
Those above must be read with those covers and no other. I know, it's shallow, but what can I do.
Then I also might read:
- The Borrowers by Mary Norton
- Mary Poppins by P.L. Travers
- 1984 by George Orwell
- A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'engle
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
I still have to look around to decide which cover I prefer for these...