Thursday 10 September 2009

Blogging Break

I haven't written anything in a while. I haven't read much either. I start a book and then I put it down, and start another another one. I'm definitely not in the mood for reading, let alone talking about books. I hope this feeling goes away quickly because it doesn't feel like me. I want things to go back to normal, but I'm in such a state of internal turmoil these days, that I don't know when it will happen.
On the other hand music is easier, it makes me forget about things, and it heals.
I have been to a wonderful festival of music and arts called Electric Picnic last weekend, which happens in Ireland, in a big country field, like Glastonbury. It was my first time and it was amazing. I was walking in mud with wellies most of the time. We were camping out and barely got any sleep for three days. And it was all worth it!
I fell in love with Florence and the Machine. Such a powerful voice. I listen to her music on repeat now.
If you don't know her yet, check her out, but keep in mind that she sounds a million time better live. Mind-blowing!

Drumming Song

Rabbit Heart


Cosmic Love


Gotta go now, I'll be back to post some photos of the festival. And when things get calm again, I'll be a bookworm again.xxx

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of Sarah McLachlan...I felt that way about her early music.

Amanda said...

I hope you feel better - more like yourself - soon. I'm sort of starting to burn out on books right now, too. :(

Melody said...

Reading slump sucks! I hope you feel better soon, Valentina.

Celine said...

Big Hugs Valentina, don't be doing anything you don't want to do! Wait til it all gets fun again and until do something that brings you joy. Life's waaay to short to waste. ( So happy you’re also a fan of Flo and the Machine. The album 'Lungs' is one of the best I've heard in the longest time. In every way - emotionally, musically, lyrically. She's a genius and her voice is to die for)

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

Valentina - I hope that things get a little better for you soon. I'm going through much of the same thing and it's hard to step away from something you love, but when it isn't bringing enjoyment then maybe some time is needed. Please take care of yourself--hugs and hugs.

Ana S. said...

The festival sounds awesome - I'm glad you had a good time. I'm sorry things have been tumultuous lately, though. Fingers crossed that we get to see you around more soon, for every reason!

Memory said...

That's some awesome music. I hadn't heard of Florence and the Machine before, but I'm definitely going to look into her now.

I hope your slump passes soon. :(

Kelly said...

Sorry to hear you're not feeling yourself!

Slumps are the pits. But sometimes that's what we need to rejuvenate our reading life, y'know?

Hope you start feeling more like yourself again soon!