Wednesday 3 October 2007

Life updates and writing progresses...

Ahhhhhhhh!!!I'm so exhausted!!!!So much is going on in my life at the moment I don't know where to start! I've recently:
1) Moved out for the 4th time this year.
2) moved in into a beautiful new apartment, hope it lasts this time.
3) started a as senior bookseller (yay!promotion!!) in another, much bigger bookshop of the same company and
4) last but not least, I've tried to keep that resolution going....BUT, obviously, with so much going on, I haven't had much time. Or energy.

Last night was the first proper writing session I had since I posted my definitive resolution. And it ended up being an editing session, actually. How come anytime I re-read what I've written months ago, it sounds like crap??? I keep changing expressions and sentences to try and make it simpler. I don't like boring, long sentences, but, for some reason I write them a lot. Maybe I should wait till the first draft is finished and then start editing.
Anyway, I think I'm getting somewhere. Re-reading had made me want to write more so I think I'll do some tonight.I have some notes scattered around so I'll write them down properly and see how they sound.
The big problem is that I don't have internet at home yet!!!TRAGEDY!!!
I hope I get it sorted soon. Now I'm writing at work and my break is just over, so I better get going:)
...It's chaos outhere!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Ana S. said...

Editing is as important as writing, so don't feel bad for doing it. But is probably best to come up with a stratergy... either write everything first and edit at the end, or write for an hour every day and then edit for another half an hour...

As for not liking the stuff you wrote some time ago, I think that's something we all experience.

valentina said...

I'm not able to edit right after I've written. It has to be at least the day after, so I can read it as something external and judge it as I would judge a book. Now I'm in a such a writing slump...I want to get going but I can't think of how to make a scene really work. It's an important one and I really want to make it exciting, so i have to think about it very carefully!

tinylittlelibrarian said...

Congrats on the new place and the promotion - woo hoo! And I hope you're able to get out of your writing slump, though it sounds like you're making progress.

Dewey said...

Congratulations on your promotion. I bet it's keeping you busy, along with the writing.