Monday 6 August 2007

"Book to movie Challenge"

When I started this blog I had no idea of what challenges were, didn't even know they existed! But now I'm hooked, and I'm afraid I'll get addicted like so many bloggers:P
Now this is my second only, but I can see it coming! This one is easy enough, just choose 3 books that have being made into a film and read them between September 1 and December 1 (three months). It's hosted by S.M.S. Book reviews. I have checked my TBR list and I found 3 books perfect for this challenge:

1) Angela's Ashes by Frank McCourt - Film by Alan Parker (1999)










2) I'm not scared (Io non ho paura) by Niccolò Ammaniti - Film by Gabriele Salvatores (2003)










3) Oranges are not the only fruit by Jeanette Winterson - Film(tv) by Beeban Kidron (1990)










If I'm allowed to pick books that haven't been made into films yet I also would like to read
- Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer and
- Percy Jackson and the Lightning thief by Rick Riordan
before they come out:-)

5 comments:

BookGal said...

Great choices ... have you seen the movies or do you wait?

valentina said...

I have seen Angela's Ashes and I'm not scared. Haven't seen Oranges are not the only fruit, but it was only on tv so I don't know if I'll ever be able to!

Ana S. said...

I remember seeing Angela's Ashes many years ago. I would like to see the book. Jeanette Winterson is one of those authors I've been meaning to read. I didn't know there were movie adaptations of her work!

Kathleen said...

Thanks for participating in the Books to Movies Challenge!

Literary Feline said...

This is going to be a fun challenge. :-) I have read and seen Angela's Ashes. They are both good. I haven't heard of your other two choices, although I'm Not Scared interests me in particular. I look forward to reading your thoughts on that one.