New year, new Challenge...
I've already seen tons and tons of challenges all over the places and I'd love to join them all because they're great fun, but since I'm not that good at reading books that I *have* to read, I've decided to keep the number of challenges for 2008 very low, meaning no more than 2 or 3! This at The Thoughts of Joy seems like the perfect one to start with. I do read a LOT of young adult novels anyway, and hopefully it will help me through the ever-growing pile of TBRs!(yeah, another rule that I will introduce this year is DON'T JOIN CHALLENGES WITH BOOKS THAT I DON'T HAVE ALREADY!, given the enormous amount of unread books that I keep accumulating).
So, for this challenge you have to choose 12 YA books to read during 2008, so it's 1 a month. I do read more than one a month usually, but I plan to read "adult" books too:P
They also can overlap with other challenges which is nice.
Here's the list:
(If by any chance I'll read any of these before 2008 I'll replace them with some others)
1) A Swift Pure Cry by Siobhan Dowd
2) Epic by Conor Kostick
3) Framed by Frank Cottrell Boyce
4) Raven's gate by Anthony Horowitz
5) Secret of the Fearless by Elizabeth Laird
6) Millions by Frank Cottrell Boyce
7) Holes by Louis Sachar
8) The Amulet of Samarkand by Jonathan Stroud
9) The Wish House by Celia Rees
10) The Year the Gypsies Came by Linzie Glass
11) Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer
12) Over Sea, Under Stone by Susan Cooper