Monday 21 April 2008

Now I love Neil Gaiman even more...

...even if I knew he would have said something like this about J.K.Rowling and her copyright battle:

http://journal.neilgaiman.com/2008/04/fair-use-and-other-things.html

"My main reaction is, having read as much as I can about it, given the copyright grey zone it seems to exist in, is a "Well, if it was me, I'd probably be flattered""

and

"My heart is on the side of the people doing the unauthorised books"

When I commented on Stephanie's post about the Harry Potter's rights, I wanted to add that somehow I didn't think that Neil Gaiman would have made such a fuss about it. But I didnt't cause I didn't want to just assume it. Now I have the proofs, and I admire him so much more now that he has said it out loud.

I will always love Harry Potter's books, and I admire J.K. Rowling for creating such a wonderful world, but I don't believe this whole thing is doing her any good.
I wish there were more people like Neil Gaiman in the world.

3 comments:

Ana S. said...

Neil Gaiman really is the best. He's not only immensely talented, but also easy-going and very sensible. What more can you ask for?

Carl V. Anderson said...

He is an amazing and generous man. I'm not sure I could be as kind as he often is with people who legally make interpretations of his work and sometimes I don't agree at all with his assessment of those projects, but I'm glad my favorite author is a genuinely nice guy.

Anonymous said...

Neil Gaiman always gets to the true heart of things!